|Activity||Peak Climbing In Nepal|
|Accomodation||Lodge/Tea house/Camping during the trek/climb|
|Max. Altitude||Mera Peak (6654 m)|
|Meals Included||All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek/climb|
|Nature of Trek||Lodge /Camping trekking|
|Best Season||Feb, Mar, Apri, May, June, Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec|
|Activity Per Day||Approximately 4-6 hrs walking|
|Transportation||Domestic flight (KTM-Lukla-KTM) and private vehicle (Transportation)|
About the Trip
Mera Peak (6654m), the highest Nepal's permitted trekking peak, through an unspoilt region of the Hinku and Hongu valleys is the perfect destinations that rewards a real mountaineering adventure with spectacular scenery and ultimately one of the finest viewpoints of five of the world’s highest 8,000m mountains on the universe.
Scaling Mera peak at 6,654m, rising to the south of Everest and dominating the watershed in the wilderness valleys of the Hinku and Hongu, is officially the highest Nepal’s permitted trekking Peak. The most rewarding aspect of a trip to Mera through highland, densely forested valleys of the Hinku and Hongu into the little- visited and yet unspoilt region of Nepal Himalayas is the perfect destination to view several spectacular natural landscapes and breathtaking mountains.
Mera, encompassing five of the world’s highest 8,000m mountains has been one of the most sought Nepal’s climbing peaks, was the first ascent by J.O.M. Roberts and Sen Tenzing in May 1953, by following now the same standard route from the Mera La. The ascent to Mera using the standard route from Mera La is technically straightforward, although it requires the crossing of high and difficult passes, can be long and demanding, especially in the event of a heavy snow fall and open maze of crevasses.
We begin the trekking journey to the southeast after flying into the mountain airstrip of Lukla, through forest, crossing several cascading streams with an exploration of the wonderful valley. The path into the rocked , rocky ridge traverses slowly ensure proper acclimatization, rising gently to the Zatrwa La Pass, marked by mani and chorten. After traversing for a while, the trial descends steeply through dense forest to the river, following the lateral moraine of the Dig Glacier to Dig Kharka. It is well worth spending an extra day at kharka, surrounded by superb peaks and beautiful glacial lake. For better preparation to reach the summit of Mera, our climbing guide conducts training to practice skills, techniques, and proper way of using crampons, rope, harness and ice axes etc. for glacial travel during the rest day to boost confidence to climbers before climbing the summit. At high camp, we are greeted by the most glorious viewpoints in Nepal, with panorama of Everest, Makalu and the Nuptse, Lhotse wall directly ahead. The mountain vistas from the top of Mera Peak is just magnificent . We climb the peak and descend back on the same day and arrive at Lukla via the same route for our flight back to Kathmandu.
While trekking through the trials of Mera, we get an opportunity to pass through the untouched forest of the Hinku Valley that offers the mesmerizing natural beauty and the mountain vistas, whereas the summit of Mera Peak rewards one of the finest viewpoints in Nepal.
Day to Day Itinerary
- day 1
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu
- day 2
A full day of sightseeing around The Kathmandu Valley region with your DWT tour guide.
- day 3
Fly(35 mins) to Lukla (2850 m) then trek(3 hrs) to Chutanga (3050 m). Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 4
Acclimatization at Chutanga. Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 5
Trek(6 hrs) to Tuli kharka (4300 m). Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 6
Trek (6-7 hrs) to Kotte (3600m). Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 7
Trek (5 hrs) to Tangnag (4350 m). Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 8
Acclimatization day at Thangnag. Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 9
Trek (6 hrs) to Khare (5000 m). Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 10
Practice day at Khare for climbing. Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 11
Trek(4 hrs) to Mera La (5415m). Stay overnight at Tented camp.
- day 12
Trek (3 hrs) to Mera High Camp (5750 m). Stay overnight at Tented camp.
- day 13
Summit Mera Peak (6-7 hrs) (6654 m) and trek back to Khare. Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 14
Additional day for bad weather. Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 15
Additional day for bad weather. Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 16
Trek (5 hrs) to Thuli Kharka, Stay overnight at lodge.
- day 17
Trek (6-7 hrs) to Lukla. Stay overnight at lodge,
- day 18
Fly(35 mins) from Lukla – Kathmandu. Stay overnight at Hotel.
- day 19
Departure day to your home country.
What is Included?
- Airport and hotel transfer with private transportation.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight and airport departure taxes
- Tea house, lodge accommodation/ tents during climbing in twin sharing basis. Including meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Group gears and supplies (ropes, ice screws, snow bars).
- All Camping Equipment (kitchen tent, dinning tent, toilet tent ,table, chair and kitchen utensils)
- Government License holder Discovery World Trekking experienced and qualified trekking / Climbing leader, cook, and porters to help trekkers luggage. (2 trekkers: 1 porter) max load 20 kg per porter.
- Coverage of guides and porter’s meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation, flight and other necessary equipment.
- Permits for Mera Peak climbing.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permit fee & TIMS Card.
- Garbage Deposit.
- Medical kit.
- Arrangement of sleeping bags and down jackets.
- Catering extra dietary requirements.
- All government and Local taxes.
- We use pulse oximeter on our clients everyday during the trekking for blood oxygen saturation level monitor to high altitudes as it is an important indicator to recognize early signs of impending altitude sickness and other potentially health risks
- Assistance in arranging rescue operation in case of complicated health condition (funded by travel insurance).
- Discovery World Trekking’s appreciation of certificate after the successful Trek/Expedtion.
- Farewell Dinner.
What is Excluded?
- International Flight.
- Accommodation 3 meals (breakfast, meal and dinner) in Kathmandu.
- All Personal Expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, bar bills, beverages, snacks.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel Insurance.
- Extra shower fees at lodges along the trail, battery re-charge fees, and incidental expenses along the trail.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.
- weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.