|Destination||Everest Base Camp / Kala Patthar|
|Start / End point||Kathmandu - Everest Base Camp - Kathmandu|
|Max. Altitude||5,555m at Kala Patthar|
|Group size||max 5 persons|
|Nature of Trek||Helicopter Tour|
|Best Season||Spring (March - May), Autumn (Sept - Nov)|
About the Trip
For those who do not want to trek to the Everest Base Camp for days to enjoy the views of Everest, Discovery World Trekking conducts Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour that lasts about five hours. This Everest helicopter tour is equally appealing to physically challenged persons who want to see Mt. Everest.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Aerial views of lush forests, deep valleys, traditional villages, calm turquoise lakes, stunning glaciers, and raging rivers
- Fly over the famous Sagarmatha National park, a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Experience the spectacular views of majestic mountains and picturesque scenery in the Khumbu (Everest) region.
- Spend time at the Kala Patthar (5,555m). Savor the beauty of mt. Everest up close
- Spectacular views of awe-inspiring mountains like Island Peak, Pumori, Lobuche, Kangtega, Kusum, Thameserkhu, Kangaru, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, Tawache, Cholatse, Mera Peak
- Delicious breakfast at Everest View Hotel (self-pay)
Benefits of Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with DWT
- Easy booking and reservation system
- 100% refund in case of bad weather
- Quick response to all queries
- Multi-channel communication (Email, WhatsApp, Facebook, WeChat, Viber, Skype, Zoom meeting)
- 24/7 phone communication at +977- 9840055491
- Over a decade of travel (trek/tour) service experience
- Easy payment system. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, bank transfers, online payments, cash, and many more.
Comprehensive Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Overview
Your Everest Base Camp helicopter tour with a landing at Kala Patthar starts at Kathmandu. On your tour departure date, we will transfer you from your hotel to Tribhuvan International Airport early morning from where you will be boarding a helicopter.
As the helicopter heads east to Lukla, you will be enjoying the aerial views of Kathmandu valley and slowly you will start to get glorious views of snowcapped mountains, including Jugal Himal, Gaurishankar, and Langtang.
The helicopter will land for about 15 minutes at Lukla Airport for refueling, providing you time to enjoy the new landscape in the Everest region. Soon, your helicopter will take off and enter the skies above Sagarmatha National Park.
The helicopter then flies over Syangboche, Tengboche, Pheriche, Gorak Shep, the Everest Base Camp, Khumbu glacier, and lands at Kala Patthar, a popular viewpoint that provides breath-taking views of Everest, Nuptse, Changtse, Cho Oyu, Ama Dablam, Khumbutse, Changtse, Pumori and summit of Lhotse.
In rare cases, due to bad unforeseen bad weather, your helicopter might not land at Kala Patthar.
After enjoying the views from Kala Patthar, you will fly in your helicopter to Everest View Hotel at Syanboche for a delicious breakfast. After breakfast, your helicopter will take off and head to Lukla Airport, where it will refuel and then return back to Kathmandu.
The whole tour will last for around five hours.
Ideally, this is your schedule.
06:00 am: Pickup from your hotel or meeting point
06:15 am: Transfer to Kathmandu airport
06:45 am: Check-in to helicopter counter
07:00 am: Takeoff from Kathmandu to Lukla
07:30 am: Landing at Lukla for refueling
08:00 am: Take off from Luka, Landing at Kala Patthar
08:15 am: Takeoff from Kala Patthar to Syangboche
08:30 am: Landing at Syangboche, breakfast at Everest View Hotel
09:30 am: Takeoff from Synagboche, flight to Lukla
09:45 am: Landing, at Lukla for refueling helicopter
10:00 am: Takeoff from Lukla, return flight to Kathmandu
10:30 am: Arrival at Kathmandu after successful completion of Everest Base Camp Heli Tour
11:00 am: Transfer to hotel
We advise all our valuable guests to arrive at Kathmandu before 3 pm, a day before heli-tour day, to participate in the tour briefing. During this briefing, we will provide you with vital information about the tour and ensure that you have everything you need for a successful one-day Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour.
Photos & Videos
Included in Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with Landing
- Free airport transfer during arrival and departure
- Passenger helicopter insurance
- Helicopter flight over Everest Base Camp/Kala Patthar and back to Kathmandu
- Domestic airport tax
- Necessary Sagarmatha National Park permits and entrance fees
What is excluded?
- Nepal entry visa fee during arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Personal expenses
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Breakfast at Everest View Hotel
- All things not in "Included in Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with Landing" are counted as excludes
Clothing, gear, and equipment
Since you will land at Kala Patthar (5,555m) and spend some time there, you must plan your clothing. Since the sunlight and UV rays are very strong at Kala Patthar, you need proper sunscreen and sun protection. The winds will be active in the afternoon, so prepare yourself with layers of clothing, including windproof jackets. You should also bring a down jacket, gloves, and a hat to face the high-altitude cold in case the weather turns cloudy.
- A bottle of water
- Toilet paper and other necessities
- Mobiles and cameras
- Windproof down jacket
- Warm trousers
- Sunhat and woolen cap
- Sunscreen (preferably of SPF30+)
- Passport or passport copy
1. Pick up from your hotel (meeting place), drive to Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), and flight briefing.
We will take you to TIA early morning for a helicopter flight to Lukla. There will be a briefing from the flight instructor detailing safety majors and guidelines to follow just before the flight. Then, you will meet your pilot.
2. Take off from Kathmandu to Lukla
Your helicopter heads east of Kathmandu Valley, and you will be able to get glorious views of snow-capped mountains, including Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, and Gaurishankar. You will also be greeted with fantastic views of beautiful valleys, traditional villages, calm lakes, and raging rivers. After flying over Jiri, your helicopter will land in Lukla.
3. Refueling at Lukla
By reaching Lukla, you have entered the Everest region. Lukla is home to Tenzing Hillary Airport, where your helicopter will refuel. This process takes about ten to fifteen minutes. During this time, you can enjoy the Himalayan geography, perhaps, far different than the one you have ever seen or experienced.
4. Fly from Lukla to Kala Patthar (5,555m)
After refueling, the helicopter will start flying over the Dudh Koshi River valley to Namche Bazaar, an economic lifeline of the Everest region. From the helicopter, you will get breathtaking views of high Himalayan mountains, including Ganesh Himal (7,429m), Gyachung Kang (7,952m), Pumori (7,161m), Lhotse (8,516m), Gauri Shankar Himal (7,134m), Shishapangma (8,013m), Nuptse (7,855m), Ama Dablam (6,812m), Kusum Kanguru, Thamserku, and Kwangde.
Your helicopter will take an aerial route over Syangboche, Tengboche, Pheriche, Gorak Shep, the Everest Base Camp, and the Khumbu glacier. You will see that the Everest Base Camp lies surrounded by high mountains, including Lhotse, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, and Lobuche, just below the Khumbu ice-fall.
5. Stop at the Kala Patthar (5,555 m)
After flying over the Everest Base Camp and the Khumbu Glacier, your helicopter will land at Kala Patthar. However, please be cautioned that if the weather suddenly turns unfavorable, your helicopter may not land at Kala Paathar. However, this is very rare. From Kala Patthar, you can get a panoramic view of Everest standing together with Nuptse, Changtse, Cho Oyu, Ama Dablam, Khumbutse, Changtse, Pumori, and Lhotse.
Since you will stay for a maximum of 15 minutes at Kala Patthar, we advise you to take enough pictures to relive the moment later. You cannot stay at Kala Patthar any longer due to the risk of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness).
6. From Kala Patthar to Everest View Hotel (Syangboche) for breakfast
After enjoying the views from Kala Patthar, you will board the helicopter again. This time your helicopter will fly to Syangboche and land. By now, you might be hungry, and you can have breakfast at Everest Hotel (self-pay). This hotel, one of the world's highest hotels, also provides a fantastic view of Everest.
7. Flight from Syangboche to Lukla (for refueling) and back to Kathmandu
The helicopter will make one last landing for about fifteen minutes to refuel at Lukla Airport before taking off to return to Kathmandu. The return flight will also be scenic and relaxing. After the helicopter lands in Kathmandu, we will drop you off at your hotel. We hope that your Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour was entertaining and refreshing.
Group Discount Prices
|No. of Persons||Price per Person|
|1 Pax||US$ 3600|
|2 Paxes||US$ 2500|
|3 Paxes||US$ 2400|
|4 Paxes||US$ 2300|