Dhampus Peak lays Northeast of the big Dhaulagiri massif. It is in terms of climbing technicalities an easy mountain to ascent. The overwhelming altitude differences between the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges make Dhampus Peak a very exposed spot to observe the scenery from. Having Tukuche Peak (6920m) and Dhaulagiri (8167m) spectacularly near you enjoy the feeling of being part of the extreme altitudes of the Himalayas. The biggest mountain range in the world with uninterrupted heights between seven and eight thousand meters, containing Annapurna -1, 2, 3 & 4, Annapurna-South, The Nilgiris and Tilicho Peak tower above the horizon in the South.
The 3500-meter ascent from Tukuche, where our climb starts, makes you feel having gone really high. The normal route to Dhampus Peak follows the west-ridge, which connects Dhampus Pass (5200m), where our highest camp is placed, with the summit. For acclimatized people we have a 6-day schedule starting from the High Plains Inn in Tukuche. For unacclimatized individuals we offer various acclimatization programs, which each take an additional 4 days. An ideal combination is the trek over the 5400-meter high Thorung Pass.
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel from Airport.
A full day of sightseeing around The Kathmandu Valley region with your DWT tour guide.
Early morning drive ( 200 km,6-7 hrs ) to Pokhara (820 m) by tourist bus and stay over night at selected hotel near the lake side.
Drive (1;30 m) Nayapul then Trek (3 hrs,1540 m) to Thikhedunga and stay over night at lodge.
Trek (6/7 hrs,2860 m) Ghorepani and stay over night at lodge.
Early morning trek (45m) POON HILL (3210m) for an amazing Sunrise and view of Annapurna range. Then Trek (4hrs)Tatopani (1190m) stay overnight at lodge
Drive (3-4 hrs,2690 m) to Marpha stay over night at lodge.
Trek (5-6 hrs,3860 m) to Yak Kharka stay over night at tented camp.
Trek ( 5 hrs,5090 m) stay over night same camp yak kharka (2690 m) Via peak.
Trek (6-7 hrs,517 m) to Base camp and stay over night at tented camp.
Climb to ( Thapa peak ) Dhampus peak (6012 m.10 hrs) stay over night at tented camp.
Extra day ( in case of weather ) over night at camp.
Trek (5-6 hrs,3680 m) yak kharka stay over night at tented camp.
Trek (5 hrs,2690 m) to Marpha stay over night at lodge.
Drive ( 4-5 hrs,1190 m) to tatopani ( Natural hot spring ) stay over night at lodge.
Drive (6 hrs,915 m) to Pokhara stay over night at selected hotel.
Drive (6-7 hrs,200 km) back to Kathmandu by Tourist bus stay over night at selected hotel.
Departure day to your home country. DWT provides complimentary private transport to Tribhuvan International Airport from your hotel in Kathmandu.
What is Included?
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Private transport to and from Tribhuvan International Airport.
- Full day sightseeing with a DWT professional tour guide.
- Nepal Government, expedition royalties.
- Return Transport (Kathmandu – Pokhara ) by Tourist bus.
- 2 night hotel in pokhara with breakfast.
- Transport to (Pokhara – nayapul ) by taxi.
- Transport to (Tatopani – Marpha – pokhara) by local bus.
- Official DWT (government registered and licensed) guide and porters.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Tea and coffee three times a day.
- Lodge and hotel accommodation tented during the expedition
- Base camp and High camp camping and kitchen equipment.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- fist Aid medical kits
- Experienced & Licensed High Altitude Climbing Sherpa climbing fee.
- Peak permit, Annapurna conservation area permit (ACAP)
- Guide/porters/Sherpa, all crew: food, salary, lodge, transport, insurance, equipment, etc.
- Official DWT experienced & Licensed High Altitude Climbing Sherpa’s (One Sherpa per every two Clients)
- Hot shower and heated mess hall at base camp.
What is Excluded?
- Major meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- International Flight.
- All Personal Expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, bar bills beverage, snacks.
- Personal clothing and climbing gears. , (available on hire)
- Travel Insurance
- Extra shower, battery re-charges etc.