|Accomodation||Selected hotel in Kathmandu and homestay during the trek|
|Start / End point||Kathmandu / Kathmandu|
|Max. Altitude||5,160m at Larkya la pass|
|Meals Included||Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek|
|Group size||2 - 40|
|Best Season||Feb, Mar, Apri, May, June, Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec,|
|Activity Per Day||Approx. 4-6 hrs walking|
- Explore historical Gorkha Palace, home of the king Prithvi Narayan Shah, Gorkha meusem, Gorakkhali temple.
- Visit religious significance Manakaman Temple, a wish – fulfilling goddess.
- Experience local culture, art and craftsmanship.
- Observe spectacular panoramic Himalayan ranges and production of organic agriculture product.
- Easy booking and reservation system
- Multi-channel communication (Email, WhatsApp, Facebook, WeChat, Viber, Skype, Zoom)
- Online trip briefing after booking confirmation
- 24/7 phone communication at +977- 9840055491
- Easy payment system.
- Private transport to and from our hotel in Kathmandu to Kathmandu’s international airport, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
- Provide pulse oximeter for blood oxygen saturation level monitor to high altitude. It is an important indicator to recognize early signs of impending altitude sickness and other potential health risks.
- Medical kit
- Arrangement of sleeping bags and down jackets if you do not have your own.
Online Trip Briefing
The online briefing will clear all your doubts about the trek, including things to bring (equipment checklist) for the hike, the itinerary details, and what you can expect on the trails. As soon as you complete the booking, we will email you the available date and time for the trek briefing. Please note that we conduct trip briefing only once either online or in person.
Hiking through an excellent serene and full of natural grandeur around the lower Manaslu trek that gives insights into the unique experience of a great ancient historical, religious, cultural, ecological, and archaeological significance place in the Gorkha district. It is also famous for historical tours, pilgrimage tours and agro-tourism, and community-based homestay treks. Manakamana temple, Gorkha durbar, Sita cave, traditional art and craftsmanship, and wonderful views of snow-capped mountains are the proximate spot of attraction.
Historically, Gorkha, home of Gorkhas was the first capital city of Nepal, from where the unification hub of unified modern Nepal was initiated by the late King Prithvi Narayan Shah. Similarly, the Gorkhas army is also worldwide recognized as the name of legendary brave warier after their crucial contributions to the British during Second World War.
13 days Lower Manaslu trek itinerary is newly introduced moderate-grade trekking in the heart of central Nepal, one of the closest trekking regions from the capital city of Kathmandu, reachable by bus ride along the Prithivi highway from Kathmandu to Kurintar at the cable car station. Whereas, the trek initially starts from Manakamana temple, a major religious tourist destination, trek routes from Manakamana to Gyamshal, whilst the historical Gorkha palace, the birthplace and home of Prithvi Narayan Shah at the top of a small hillock along with Gorkahkali temple - goddess of Kali and Gorkha museum, a collection of artifacts and personal belongings of King Prithivi Narayan Shah can be observed. On the whole, the Manakaman temple and Gorkha Durbar making of magnificence pagoda architectural design is certainly charismatic for those travelers who wish to explore ancient history and architecture. In addition, these places are also vantage points to offer a delightful scene of green valleys and the views of Himalayan ranges.
More than 20 Himalaya panoramic views of Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Sringi Himal, Ganesh Himal and several other prominent peaks from Darche Danda-the highest point of the trek is breathtaking as well as extremely popular to have the perfect view of sunrise.
The most isolated Gurung village Barpak, the village of army men and also renowned as the village of the late Capt. Gaje Ghale was honored with the Victoria Cross Medal of Great Britain. Wooden roofed houses, awesome landscapes, and Gurung culture are notable features of the very beautiful Laprak Village. The memorial park at very charming Magar village Bunkot is the historic birthplace of Lakhan Thapa, the first martyr of Nepal, Sirandada village is a rich diversity of medicinal herbs and organic tea production, caving experience in sita cave surrounded by the forest on the way to GYampesal is thrilling and adventurous.
Trekking to Lower Manaslu is one of the best destinations to explore enriching and unparallel historical, religious, cultural, ecological, and archaeological importance places. This trek is a fully supported homestay to perceive more in-depth about locals and remarkable information about Nepal countryside people of Lower Manaslu. Discovery World Trekking organizes treks to lower Manaslu at a reasonable cost with a flexible holiday program.
Discovery world Trekking would like to recommend all our trekkers that they should add an extra day at Kathmandu at weekdays (Not in the weekend) before we start our Lower Manaslu Trekking next day after for Manaslu special permit process where we need your original Passport with Nepali visa at Immigrant Office Nepal and also for official Briefing as proper mental guidance and necessary information just to have a recheck of equipment and goods for the journey to make sure you haven't forgotten anything and if forgotten, then make sure that you are provided with those things ASAP on that very day at our office. On our way, we'll be travelling in public buses but if you want a bit comfortable ride as the road is not that good we can provide you jeep at some extra cost as simple cars can't go there.
Photos & Videos
Day to Day Itinerary
Drive and trek to Ghairung.
Trek to Gorkha Bazaar.
Excursion day in Gorkha.
Trek to Sirandanda.
Trek to Barpak.
Trek to Laprak.
Trek to Lambai Kharka.
Trek to Tallo Thotneri.
Trek to Ghyampeshaal.
Drive to Kathmandu
What is Included?
- Transport from Kathmandu to Kurintar by local bus.
- Tea House/lodge accommodation during the trek.
- All Standard Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Trek.
- Official DWT (Government registered and licensed) Expert Guide, 1 Assitant Guide for 12 Or Above Trekkers, with accompanying porters (generally, 1 porter per 2 trekkers) to assist with carrying gear during the trek. (We cover the porters’meals, lodging, salary, transport,insurance, equipment, and other essentials.)
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card fee.
- Transport from Gyampesal to Kathmandu by local bus.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Assistance in arranging emergency rescue (funded by travel insurance)
- Discovery World Trekking Certificate of Completion.
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu the eve of your international departure
What is Excluded?
- International Flight.
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and Accommodations in Kathmandu.
- All Personal Expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, bar bills, beverages, snacks.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance.
- Extra shower fees at lodges along the trail, battery re-charge fees, and incidental expenses along the trail.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.
- Any additional costs or delays cause by events beyond our control. e.g. landslides necessitating trail diversions,weather delays,political unrest, illness, et cetera.