- Explore historical Gorkha Palace, home of the king Prithvi Narayan Shah, Gorkha meusem, Gorakkhali temple.
- Visit religious significance Manakaman Temple, a wish – fulfilling goddess.
- Experience local culture, art and craftsmanship.
- Observe spectacular panoramic Himalayan ranges and production of organic agriculture product.
- Private transport to and from our hotel in Kathmandu to Kathmandu’s international airport, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
- Provide pulse oximeter for blood oxygen saturation level monitor to high altitude. It is an important indicator to recognize early signs of impending altitude sickness and other potentially health risks.
- Medical Kit.
- Arrangement of sleeping bags and down jackets if you do not have your own.
Hiking through an excellent serene and full of natural grandeur around the lower manaslu trek that gives insights into unique experience of a great ancient historical, religious, cultural, ecological, and archaeological significance place in Gorkha district. It is also famous for historical tour, pilgrimage tour and agro tourism and community based home stay trek. Manakamana temple, Gorkha durbar, Sita cave, traditional art and craftsmanship, and wonderful views of snow -capped mountains are the proximate spot of attraction.
Historically, Gorkha, home of gorkhas was the first capital city of Nepal, from where unification hub of unified modern Nepal was initiated by late king Prithvi Narayan Shah. Similarly, Gorkhas army is also worldwide recognized as the name of legendary brave warier after their crucial contributions to British during Second World War.
13 days Lower manaslu trek itinerary is newly introduced moderate grade trekking in the heart of central Nepal, one of the closest trekking regions from the capital city of Kathmandu, reachable by bus ride along the Prithivi highway from Kathmandu to Kurintar at the cable car station. Whereas, trek initially starts from Manakamana temple, a major religious tourist destination, trek routes from manakamana to Gyamshal, whilst the historical Gorkha palace, the birthplace and home of Prithvi Narayan Shah at the top of small hillock along with Gorkahkali temple - goddess of Kali and Gorkha museum, a collection of artifacts and personal belongings of King Prithivi Narayan Shah can be observed. On the whole, Manakaman temple and Gorkha Durbar making of magnificence pagoda architectural design is certainly charismatic for those travelers who wish to explore ancient history and architecture. In addition, these places are also a vantage point to offer a delightful scene of green valleys and the views of Himalayan ranges.
More than 20 Himalaya panoramic view of Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Sringi himal, Ganesh himal and several other prominent peaks from Darche Danda-the highest point of trek is breathtaking as well as extremely popular to have the perfect view of sunrise.
The most isolated gurung village Barpak , the village of army men and also renowned as village of the late Capt. Gaje Ghale who was honored with Victoria Cross Medal of Great Britain. Wooden roofed houses, awesome landscape, and Gurung culture are notable feature of a very beautiful Laprak Village. Memorial park at very charming Magar village Bunkot is historic birthplace of Lakhan Thapa, the first martyr of Nepal, Sirandada village is a rich diversity of medicinal herbs and organic tea production, caving experience in sita cave surrounded by the forest on the way to GYampesal is thrilling and adventurous.
Trekking to lower manaslu is one of the best destinations to explore enriching and unparallel historical, religious, cultural, ecological, and archaeological importance place. This trek is a fully supported home stay to perceive more in depth about locals and remarkable information of Nepal countryside people of Lower Manaslu. Discovery World Trekking organizes trek to lower manaslu at reasonable cost with flexible holiday program.
Discovery world Trekking would like to recommend all our trekkers that they should add an extra day at Kathmandu at weekdays (Not in the weekend) before we start our Lower Manaslu Trekking next day after for Manaslu special permit process where we need your original Passport with Nepali visa at Immigrant Office Nepal and also for official Briefing as proper mental guidance and necessary information just to have a recheck of equipment and goods for the journey to make sure you haven't forgotten anything and if forgotten, then make sure that you are provided with those things ASAP on that very day at our office. On our way, we'll be travelling in public buses but if you want a bit comfortable ride as the road is not that good we can provide you jeep at some extra cost as simple cars can't go there.
Day to Day Itinerary
Drive and trek to Ghairung.
Trek to Gorkha Bazaar.
Excursion day in Gorkha.
Trek to Sirandanda.
Trek to Barpak.
Trek to Laprak.
Trek to Lambai Kharka.
Trek to Tallo Thotneri.
Trek to Ghyampeshaal.
Drive to Kathmandu
What is Included?
- Transport from Kathmandu to Kurintar by local bus.
- Tea House/lodge accommodation during the trek.
- All Standard Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Trek.
- Official DWT (Government registered and licensed) Expert Guide, 1 Assitant Guide for 12 Or Above Trekkers, with accompanying porters (generally, 1 porter per 2 trekkers) to assist with carrying gear during the trek. (We cover the porters’meals, lodging, salary, transport,insurance, equipment, and other essentials.)
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card fee.
- Transport from Gyampesal to Kathmandu by local bus.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Assistance in arranging emergency rescue (funded by travel insurance)
- Discovery World Trekking Certificate of Completion.
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu the eve of your international departure
What is Excluded?
- International Flight.
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and Accommodations in Kathmandu.
- All Personal Expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, bar bills, beverages, snacks.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance.
- Extra shower fees at lodges along the trail, battery re-charge fees, and incidental expenses along the trail.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.
- Any additional costs or delays cause by events beyond our control. e.g. landslides necessitating trail diversions,weather delays,political unrest, illness, et cetera.