Nepal has been an extremely fascinating destination for not only trekkers and travelers, but scholars and researchers as well. It now contains countless architectural monuments and varied cultural and religious traditions. Out of ten UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Nepal, seven cultural heritage sites are in Kathmandu Valley.
Our Heritage tours begin from Kathmandu, with a visit to Kathmandu durbar square where you will have the opportunity to observe medieval temples, ancient art and the temple of the living goddess Kumari, before moving on to medieval cities like Patan and Bhaktapur where you can explore old palaces and temples or just take in the stunning mountain views, terraced fields and the fascination of diverse cultural groups.
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival to Kathmandu (Tribhuvan International Airport – TIA) (1,350 m/4,450 ft).
Full Day Tour, Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing.
Continuation Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour and drive to Nagarkot (2,160 m/7,085 ft).
Sunrise at Nagarkot (2,160 m/7,085 ft) and return drive to Kathmandu.
Transfer to Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) for your international departure.
What is Included?
- Private transport to and from our hotel in Kathmandu to Kathmandu’s international airport, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
- Three nights’ accommodation at a Three-Star hotel in Kathmandu (breakfast included).
- A personally guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley by private vehicle and entrance fees to World Heritage Sites.
- Domestic flight fare for the Everest Panorama Flight incl. airport takes and fees
- Domestic Airport picks up & drops by private Transport.
- All Standard Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) During the Tour.
- One night hotel accommodation in Nagarkot.
- Official DWT (Government registered and licensed) Expert Guide. (We cover the porters’ meals, lodging, salary, transport, insurance, equipment, and other essentials.)
- Medical kit.
- All Government and local taxes.
- Discovery World Trekking Certificate of Completion.
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu the eve of your international departure
What is Excluded?
- International Flight.
- Major meals (other than breakfast) in Kathmandu.
- All Personal Expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, bar bills, beverages, snacks.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel Insurance.
- Extra shower fees at lodges along the trail, battery re-charge fees, and incidental expenses along the trail.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.
- Cost raised by cancelation and events beyond our control, e.g., landsides necessitating trail diversions, weather delays, political unrest, illness, et cetera.
The Kathmandu World Heritage Tour can be tailored to accommodate your specific requests and schedule. Please review our designated departure dates for this trek and if they do not suit your timeframe, then let us know how we can arrange a trek that is convenient for you.
The itinerary listed above is a general guideline; please be advised that it might be necessary to modify it due to external factors beyond our means including and not limited to the following: unstable weather, accessibility and availability of lodging and campsites, unforeseen governmental, trail and ecological conditions and other circumstances beyond our control. Although, it is improbable that changes will occur that would significantly alter the original itinerary, we cannot be held accountable for the results of delays or changes beyond our control. In the event of an Itinerary adjustment or need to redirect to other trails and areas, the Lead Guide will ultimately make the final choice on the best rerouting after consulting with the group members and keeping in mind the interests of the party as a whole. If an alteration is necessary, then we will certainly do everything we can to diminish the effects.
We look forward to guiding you on the Kathmandu World Heritage Tour with the valley’s most dazzling sites and viewpoints with an unforgettable Everest Flight and Himalayan panorama, too!